19.12.07

Music store: Sébastien Tellier

So here I bring you another French electronic musician, as if we didn't have enough already. Well, what can I say, I never get enough of them! Sébastien Tellier is another very fine artist. Parisian, he moved with the right people from the beginning, recording with Air's record label and being produced by the master of the universe, Daft Punk.

He claims to have as aim the composition of erotic music, sexual melodies and rhythms. Well, my friend, you are most welcome. To be fair and honest, what I should do is to start from the beginning and speak about the father of all these kids, Serge Gainsbourg, but this will be another time, this was never meant to be chronologically coherent...

This is one of his songs, La Ritournelle. It is, to date, his most famous song and, not surprisingly, his most commercial one. He acknowledge how much this song changed his life by saying “now I’m living in a new apartment, I have a new girlfriend and a really beautiful sofa” . Indeed, after this release he went from an almost unknown musician to French stardom. Enjoy:

No comments: